Planning for a potential fire is the key to keeping family and key possessions safe.
- Know the escape routes out of your community
- Organize key personal and financial documents so they’ll be easy to retrieve in a hurry
- Practice disconnecting and packing your computer and valuables ahead of time
- Consider creating a checklist of items you’ll need while away from home
- Have necessary medications / prescriptions available and ready to go
- Have a change of clothes available
- Go over your plan with your family
You’ll have enough to worry about when a wildfire happens, prepare your house ahead of time.